Talk with an Experienced Divorce Attorney
Divorce is a difficult process for many different reasons. It is a lengthy, complicated road to travel and most people are struggling emotionally when they decide to go forward. You will probably be upset, angry, confused, or a combination of all three and these emotions do not lead to good choices. That is why you need an experienced divorce attorney in your corner. Someone that can answer your questions and help you to make the right decisions while you are working through the emotions of a significant life event.
Speaking with one of our expert divorce attorneys is not the point of no return. In fact, it sometimes helps if you discuss the details of your case because it will let you put it into perspective. Sometimes a prospective client will decide that they are not ready for a divorce and would prefer to try to work things out. That’s ok. We are here to educate you about the divorce proceedings so that you can make an informed decision and assist you if you choose to go forward.
Take your time
Divorces do not happen overnight. The process can take weeks or months depending on the pace set by you and your spouse. It is important that you don’t rush things and miss crucial details. Most of our divorce cases can be broken down into 5 steps:
- A client contacts our office and schedules an appointment.
- The divorce attorney discusses the case and looks over important documents like the client’s tax returns, bank statements, proof of other assets, and debt.
- The attorney then answers any questions the client may have on issues like child custody, alimony, division of property, and child support.
- We design a plan to help the client achieve a custody arrangement and asset plan that they would like to have after the divorce.
- Our divorce lawyer then helps the client to start the actual divorce proceedings.
Divorces can take a very long time, especially if they are filled with conflict. With one of our experienced divorce attorneys helping you to plan your case and safeguard your best interests, the case will go much faster. That means less stress and cost for you.
If you are considering a divorce then you should contact our offices at 770-641-8200, or send us an email to set an appointment with one of our attorneys.